Tuesday, July 17, 2012

One of those days

No, not one of these days.  I'm just using this picture to remind myself that I am doing things to give my children a great childhood.  Today was the kids of day where strangers felt the need to point out that I wasn't supervising my children 3 times.  Harsh.  2 of the times it wasn't actually a problem and I am annoyed in retrospect that I felt judged. 

At the fruit stand (as we like to call the little yellow house where we buy fruits and veggies), the kids were looking at a poster and the cashier thought they were going into the store room.  She told them not to go back there and I freaked out at them, in sign language... 

At speech therapy M went around the corner to put away her book and then decided to open the door for the lady with the tripod cane (think as large as a walker, but on one side of the body).  Another patient said "Whose children these?" 

At home, while I was trying frantically to get dinner cooked for a new mom, on top of my own mom and brother visiting...  The kids were in the garage playing basketball.  The kids were in the garage playing basketball.  The kids were in the garage playing basketball. lP was on top of the car, M was getting out of the car and our neighbor who is a pediatrician was coming across the driveway to let me know she was concerned.

New rules will be implemented.

No comments: