Monday, July 16, 2012

hash brown win

Yesterday I made a big hash brown and it got a little burned on one side.  Later that day my mom was talking about how on this cooking show they made amazing grilled sandwiches.  The secret to having so many crazy toppings was to use butter and mayonnaise to toast the bread.  Hmmm.  This morning I applied the magic butter and mayo mixture to the potato skillet.  Win!  They cooked all the way through but didn't burn. 

This is how I made it:
1 tsp mayo
1 tsp butter
   spread around in the hot skillet.  The mayo doesn't melt so I just moved it around as much as I could.
3 cups of shredded potatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of shredded potatoes
dash of salt
  Cover the skillet so the potatoes can steam a little.
  After about 3 minutes flip the potatoes over
  Cook for another 3-5 minutes and then turn it out onto a plate.

Win!

No comments: