Friday, September 13, 2024

Epiphany on working under pressure

 I have been studying since May for my classes in speech pathology.  Now that I am in the classes I work ahead to avoid ever having to get in a procrastination loop of unproductively.  I have had to work in pressure situations for so long that I possibly thought that I work well under pressure.  The pressure situation is met with all the skill and reservoirs of sleep that I have.  So I have done well in pressure.  But if I can avoid pressure by doing the work early that is so much better.

"Working well under pressure" is often held up as a virtue and people don't prepare appropriately believing that they work better under pressure.  It is important to be able to function under pressure and not give up.  But it is crucial to do everything you can to avoid creating pressure when we could have prevented crisis.

No comments: