Monday, September 2, 2024

Ambitious

 I recently visited with my relief society president and another sister from the ward.  They are each similar in age and life situation to me.  They have school aged children, husbands, and they both work.  They described how women of our age have so much experience running a family and managing so many projects at once.  This is an important asset for the work place.  One described herself as ambitious, knowing that she was capabple and worth more than she is currently paid because of her long time out of the work place.  I think I must also be ambitious.  Whatever I do, I want to be really good at it.  I don't bother being good at everything.  But I do make really good bread, live on a frugal budget, keep a blog, line dry my clothes often and teach singing time really well.  I intend to be an excellent speech therapist.  I am an excellent student.  I don't care to make a lot of money or be famous, but I do want to be excellent at everything I do.

No comments: