Monday, October 16, 2023

Mornings






 Mornings are hectic!  P wakes at 5am and leaves for work at 5:45.  I wake at 6 and take M to seminary at 6:30.  I get back at 7:00am and sometimes B is already gone for school.  I make sure L has his breakfast, school snack, clean clothes and medicine then ride him to school at 7:20.  lP is fairly self sufficient and gets herself off while I am taking L or shortly thereafter.  By 8:00am I am done for the morning.

Last week M wanted me to take her to School.  I asked her to ask lP to take L to school for me because lP will do anything for M.  lP had such a fun time taking L to school that she asked to do it again the next day.  It's so nice that she is such a helpful sister.  Both girls are so lovely and helpful.  

P and I are singing in the Stake Choir or Stake Conference.  That is fun.  The group is great and the rehearsals are fast paced and productive.  I was invited to collaborate with the conductor and pianist on making one of the pieces a little less bombastic.  They had 2 practices that were 2 hours each.  We found out we were invited at 6:30 on the night the first practice started at 6.  But we hustled over and joined in.  Last night when we were there for the full 2 hours I really felt it in my voice.  Having sung in the ward choir, my voice was tired after 1 hour of practice.  So I was careful and didn't sing so loud the 2nd hour.

M's band was the grand champions at the competition they went to on Saturday.  She had a rough day because she set alarms for 4:something am and 5:something am.  I woke at each and after making sure her shoes were clean and pants drying, I went back to bed thinking her call time was 8:30.  The boys activity was 8:30.  M's call time was 7:45.  When I woke her at 7:30 it was not cool.  Oh poor girl.  The band was having a practice at 8:am before loading buses after 10.  M has been making a bookshelf out of card board for a few weeks now.  She crafted the shelf and is now putting a paper pulp on it to make it sturdier.

lP finished the spider baby hat for cousin A's baby J.  She started learning to do the rubix cube on our road trip to Florida.  In 2 weeks she cycled through being able to do it a few times, to doing it in 2 minutes.  And now she knows it so well she's bored.

B has tried the rubix cube a few times without instructions because B doesn't like instructions.  Saturday he finally accepted the instructions and was able to follow it completely without mistakes.  That was amazing.  Usually there is 3-6 times where you make one wrong turn and have to start over.  B is sweetly willing to keep L off the computer on Sunday.  Last week he played card games with him.  This week they were playing action games like "My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean".  I'm grateful that B is so willing to help L do good things.  Sometimes he gets too involved in trying to control L, who is not easy to control.  But I'm grateful that B is so kind and patient.

L had a great week in school.  Each day he had better and better reports, finishing with ALL smiley faces on Friday.  I'm hopeful that this new medicine will be a blessing and he can have positive behavior.  He had a friend R from the beginning of school and he said they love each other so much.  He has such strong feelings.  His tender feelings lead him to crying.  

B and L had a bike activity with their church group.  The leader reported that they were some of the only ones who had the stamina to make the ride without problems.  They are used to riding 2 miles a day in back packs and hills!

 I'm off to play my tuba and write some music. 

No comments: