Sunday, October 1, 2023

Goodbye white car

 

We got this white car in January.  It was the nicest second car we had gotten ever.  P wanted to sell it before moving but I didn’t.  When we got here and he was commuting he found a good deal on a Chevy Bolt electric car.  So it was time to sell the white car.  I cleaned it up and treated a place that had rust with bondo.  It has several issues but in general it is a really nice car.  I posted it and after a week with no interest I resigned myself to getting a tag for the new car instead of lowering the price on the white car.

I went to the tag office but had forgotten the insurance paper so I couldn’t get the tag.  On my way out of the office I was contacted by a buyer for the white car.  We met and after 2 test drives and negotiating the price, I sold it that day.  His grand son was 21 and buying his first car to drive to work.  The grandpa had been driving 50 miles to support the grandson going to work.  I pray the car works well for them.  The grandson had saved up the cash himself.  In so many ways I hope to be a grandparent that empowers instead of enabling.

No comments: