Friday, November 11, 2022

real s'mores

 We have 2 grills, a black round one, and a propane grill.  We use the black one to make campfires and cook s'mores.  A few years ago we brought someone's discarded Fir tree home and chopped it up for firewood and fireworks.  The needles make a big flame even 2 years old!  There are a lot of downed branches from the storm so we have a lot of fuel to enjoy frequent fires.  I love these times with the children happily cooking their marshmallows and enjoying the fire.

We've learned that putting a piece of foil under the fire keeps a lot of nice fiery bits from dropping down out of reach.
These are the tools of success.  Tray of graham crackers pre-loaded with chocolate (I melt almond bark and put it on with a spatula.)  Butane torch to light the fire.  Hair blow dryer to get the fire really burning.  Hatchet, also loppers, to cut branches into nice sizes.  Marshmallows, and roasting sticks.
I finally made my pair of hymn books costume.  I've been working on this for 2 years!  I borrowed a cricuit from a friend right after halloween 2020.  In 2021 I forgot to get the green shirts.  Finally this year I had the shirts, got the vinyl picked and finished the shirts in time for the trunk or treat.  P and I were both there but not at the same time.

No comments: