Thursday, November 10, 2022

Hurricane Happenings

 The day progressed in good ways.  The kids woke up and mostly did their school work.  I made pancakes for breakfast then Boudzus for lunch/brunch.  I had some turkey in the crock pot that I planned to make into dinner.  We lost power around 2 and fortunately I had just put the potatoes into the hot pot of other soup things and they were able to keep cooking.  I had a batch of bread dough and was just about to get it cooking on the grill when the power did come back on around 2.

While the power was out we hung out on the porch and had a lovely time together.  Geoff made PB candy.  M made jewelry.  I picked the turkey.  P read a book.  lP, B and L ate some veggie straws with gusto.  

We took a bike ride down to the bridge and there was a tree leaning menacingly.  My friend Lynn was there and advised us against riding under it.  The boys already had so I went under as well and called them back.  Not 10 minutes later the tree did fall down to rest on the branches and block the road.  The boys had ridden home and I had loaned my bike to Gary to go get cones to mark the hazard.  I heard a pop sound and saw the trunk of the tree move a little as a pick up tree approached the gap.  I shouted "It's coming down!"  They stopped and the tree did slouch down another 10 feet.

The tree is still there but 911 crews have removed enough of the canopy to let 1 way traffic go through.

lP asked me to cook some of the bread on the grill.  I used 2 cast iron pans and cooked 1 flat loaves.  It was nice.  I wouldn't mind doing it again!

No comments: