Tuesday, October 5, 2021

all the snacks

 I was feeling a little awkward that we have so many snacks!  A grocery store went out of business and I did recently buy an entire shopping cart full of snacks.  But I also have tons of snacks that the kids eat regularly.  When I pick up the teenagers, they go for the snack box.  When we drive to visit grandparents, the snacks are already packed.  

I do actually cook every day, and the reason we have so many snack foods is that we never eat out.  I think the last time I remember us eating out was on our trip to NC.  That was almost 4 months ago!  We did order food while with Grandma a few weeks ago, and we had a wonderful Chinese food with aunt E and L last week.  P and G ate out I think on their trips to do hurricane clean up.  

In general, if we're going someplace, I make dub dubs and pack food.  The excessive amounts of food are part of the food planning that keeps us from having to get dinner from a fast food restaurant. 

No comments: