Sunday, December 6, 2020

Hope=Plan

 

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into adivers btemptations3 Knowing this, that the atrying of your faith worketh bpatience4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be aperfect and entire, wanting nothing.

 I'm pondering hope and how it can be replaced with the word plan.  I was told once that hope used to have a stronger meaning of expectation.  Now it is used as wish, for something we would like, but have no expectation of.  I wanted to make a comment about this during Sunday School but didn't have it firmed up.  So I'm assigning myself to this as a subject and will present my findings in January.  

2 Nephi 31:20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a asteadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of bhope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and dendure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eeternal life.

To me it makes sense that if we have Faith in the plan of Salvation, that is Hope.  The Plan is there.  If we know that, we follow it.

No comments: