Wednesday, October 21, 2020

New Phone

 My sister offered me her old phone but wasn't able to get it unlocked.  In the meanwhile I thought how nice it would be to use my phone to pick up groceries, use Messenger, or LDS tools.  I have been using my current phone as a hot spot and using the big ipad, that can handle the aps, to pick up groceries. 

 So I got a new phone on Swappa, but it turned out the camera was broken, so I returned it and got an even nicer phone with more storage, listed as mint, and ear buds.

The ear buds were especially enticing to me because 3 years ago, when I was helping my dad, I offered to buy a set of the 2 he had unopened in a bag in his mansion of hoarding.  He said no.  They were worth $30 at the time and I was offering him a walmart gift card of less than $30 value.  That he never used any headphones, let alone the 2 pair he had, was of no consequence.  He knew their value and was not going to part with them for less, not even to his daughter spending hundreds of hours saving his estate from tax seizure, cleaning his home, and managing his finances.  That's my dad.  I'm glad/sad he can't spoil me rotten : )

So I got a new phone and I don't want to actually spend more time on my phone, just to have it be more useful.  So I'm trying to be conscious about what I put on there because I don't want to be entertained by the phone.

No comments: