Wednesday, September 16, 2020

This moment in our book life

 L is loving to have books read to him.  He's starting to be interested in the Alphabet and able to guess words in books when it's fairly obvious from the picture and sentence preceding a pause....

B got a kindle but then lost it.  Like we literally don't know where it is.  Probably in the boys room but...?  He has rounded up the Tree House books from the house and organized them.  He also organized several other collections of reader style books.  I gave him a sheet with numbers and he cataloged the Tree House books, identifying what we are missing.  I felt inspired to order the 11 books we were missing of the first 28 (!) through thrift books.  It's almost as expensive as getting a complete set of the same series.  We'll save $10 and participate in the thrift economy instead of buying new.  I like that.

lP got to read the Warriors book she's been looking forward to for months.  434 pages in 3 hours.  

M had to read a few chapters of Little Women for Language Arts.  I've been reading it after enjoying the movie.  Reading the book is like reading the deleted scenes.  I'm loving it!

G reads a lot online.  I'm not sure what he's reading.  He is going to participate in a trivia bowl and the first category is Entertainment.  Hmmm?  I'm thinking he should play the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. 

No comments: