Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is so complicated for many women.  I had a nice day.  I'm grateful for a loving husband and children that are often well behaved.  We don't do breakfast in bed or flowers.  We just have a nice day.  P gave a talk on Sunday about how nobody can live up to the ideal and that we shouldn't let that keep us from trying to improve.  I'm grateful for the years of marriage and growth we've had together.

I was telling my friend that P doesn't buy presents for holidays but that he does make my dreams come true.  He's been known to buy a pair of sewing scissors to wish me a Happy Tuesday.  He has taken us on a family bike ride.  We have kayaks and life jackets if only we can find time to go use them.

He took me to go see a movie spontaneously when we found ourselves with time on Saturday night.  On that night the kids put themselves to bed!  Monday we were doing scriptures and prayer, ASL voicing with the videos and the kids insisted they had already done the chapter before.  P and I didn't understand how that could be possible and they reminded us that they'd been home alone two nights prior and had held scriptures and prayer without us.  That made us so happy.  What good kids.

Tonight as the activity for FHE P took us to walmart and the kids got to pick out a can of spray paint to decorate the bike racks P built for their fleet of bikes.  They chose orange and blue and blue and orange.  Then, realizing the duplication the older children switched out for aqua and gold.  G chose the gold.

On the ride home they were fighting.  That's life. 

I've been fasting this week and I get less upset about a lot of things.  It's good and bad.  I really enjoy the feeling of fasting.  I don't know how long this will last but I have enjoyed it.

Being a mother is awesome.  It's hard and most people don't appreciate what I do but P does, and my mom does, and sometimes even the children do; and that is really very nice.

No comments: