Sunday, December 2, 2018

Choir

We're preparing to sing for the Christmas meeting on December 23.  G stays home with the 3 youngest kids and it is so nice to go sing.  It's been years since I could just go sing and enjoy being in the choir.  Each week there are a few more voices.  We're learning the music and it's great.  P is conducting and my friend A is on the piano.  I love singing in a choir.

We played our tuba, tenor horn, bells, guitar, piano and sang for the stake nativity event.  L slept through the first time.  Then the sister coordinating invited us to stay and play an hour later.  I took the 4 older children around and looked at all the nativity sets and visited the family history library.  We played I SPY with a gigantic Italian Nativity in the family history center.  It was so nice to wander around with the older 4.  P stayed with the still sleeping L.  L woke up right before our second set and then sat happily eating his cookie and fruit snacks.

I love music and Christmas.  To me that is more important and fun than all the gifts.  I'm so glad we got to share that as a family.  Each year we'll improve, I hope, and more and more children will be singing and playing.

No comments: