Friday, December 14, 2018

Christmas Season

After talking to a friend today I decided to spread out the gift getting to the days leading up to December 25.  I got some nice things from the store and asked B if he would like to give them to his siblings.  He wrapped them in scraps of cloth and ribbons.  The kids gathered in the front room and each excitedly opened their gifts.  I'm excited about this approach to Christmas.  Next weekend we'll be going to G-town and opening gifts with Grandma L and aunts.  Presents from Grandparents have come.  So we'll let the kids open the gifts over the next 10 days.  Christmas morning we may have nothing left to open.

Another tradition I'm going to start is buying hors d'oeuvres from Sam's club to eat on Christmas.  Today as we were shopping at Sam's the kids scanned the options.  Shrimp (M), Candy (P), Spanakopita (me), Hot Pockets (G).  We'll find our way.  My goal is for the children to be actively and excitedly engaged in their contributions to family meals.  If we eat Candy and Hot Pockets for Christmas, that's fine with me.

No comments: