Saturday, December 15, 2018

beauty

Tonight I was able to attend the Choir concert for the girls.  Their Children's Chorus sings with the Community Chorus and a small orchestra at Christmas.  The Children's voices with the adult voices and orchestra are so amazing.  The church they performed in had excellent acoustics.  I was sitting in nave so it was as if just 30 people were witnessing this 100+ member ensemble.  It was wonderful.  I often get distracted by the other people around me during a performance so I'm so glad for this chance to enjoy the beautiful children.

After the concert we walked back to the car parked in a private driveway of someone we knew to be out of town, instead of walking half a mile to the place we were going to park.  The children sang as we drove home.  They like to goof off but occasionally they would just sing and it was so beautiful.
Pat a Pan
The Snow Lay on the Ground

I volunteered to help with uniforms this year.  Uniforms cost $40 new and kids grow.  So the idea was to keep uniforms and let kids pass them on as they grow.  Uniforms could be turned in for $10 and a used one in the right size bought for $20.  The choir gets $10 off of each turn over.

Tonight I had brought shirts and was able to help 2 girls move into more comfortable shirts.  I also brought black socks and one girl needed them.  I borrowed red ribbon and 3 girls needed them, 2 of whom were my own...  I also replaced the toilet paper in the ladies room for both stalls at the church.  I'm grateful that I was able to be helpful and didn't accidentally take the scarf of the lady sitting next to me like I did last year.

No comments: