Sunday, October 14, 2018

Working on my ticket

I attended Woodbadge in the spring and am working on my 5 goals to get my training signed off.  One of my goals is to create 12 hymns that can be played like a guitar, with simple chords that repeat rather than a unique base line that you have to pay attention to as in Simplified Hymns.  I've been posting those hymns here at:

https://primarypiano.blogspot.com/

Sometimes I write the chord name below the chord where I like to see it and sometimes I write it above the melody which is more standard.

It's really fun getting these written out such that I can actually sight read them as easily as I can sight read simple guitar music.  I can only play about 6 chords, so I can play in 3-4 keys, IF they don't have chords I don't know.  I'm so anti growth!  No, I just am content with my ability to play many songs with a limited number of keys.  I don't think it's bad to be satisfied.  And by playing those things I'm comfortable playing, I'm getting better at the piano than I ever hoped. 

I think I need to add fingering in for the melody though.  That would help me a lot.  The trouble is that our piano is in the front room and the computer with Finale is in the office.  So I need to write down the fingerings on a printed copy, then walk back around and type them into the music.  Oh, so hard!  Just kidding.  P is going to buy me a midi keyboard!

No comments: