Thursday, January 1, 2015

vacation

 We had planned to visit the fort today.  We've been having a lot of lazy days lately, between each event day...  So we packed a picnic and arrived at the fort around 1.  We'd eaten breakfast around 11, after playing in the house, playing in the yard, and walking/riding around the neighborhood.
 The children were well behaved enough that it was a generally good experience.  Sometimes we aren't so lucky.  I told them before they went that they were in charge of having a great time.  As for me, I was going to be with my best friend whether they behaved or not. 
We did the Jr. Ranger program as we did at many locations this year.  During the swearing in process lP was tired.  The ranger asked them to state their name.  G said his, M said hers, and lP repeated M's.  I missed that part but P tells me that some older ladies thought it was adorable.  I love it when our children are cute and when older people get to enjoy that.

No comments: