Monday, December 22, 2014

favorite Christmas songs

HB wrote about her favorite Christmas songs and so I thought I would to.  For a long time my favorite was "Angels We Have Heard On High".  I don't know how old I was but I remember it was a pretty big accomplishment when I could finally sing the Glo-----------ria without taking a breath in the middle.   And I remember when I was a teenager realizing that the music didn't match the alto part I had learned over the years.

Last night I started to teach M "O Holy Night".  It's pretty awesome being able to sing with my children. 

I feel upset at them a lot.  And singing with them is one of the best ways for me to enjoy being with them.  Singing is like that.

I wrote to a friend recently.  I knew this friend way back in the day of Geoff's infancy.  Writing to her got me thinking about how much I loved the place we were in back then.  P was a band director.  We got to sing in a wonderful choir.  Even when G had cancer, we still had wonderful music.  Then G lost his hearing and we started down a very lonely path where participating in music hurt.

So now we're in a place where there is not so much music.  But the music we have comes from us.   My heart is tied to the people I share music with. 

No comments: