Sunday, November 24, 2013

Doughnuts!

 Last week we made doughnuts!  It was pretty fun having the kids make the shapes and hand them to me for frying.  They also got to dip them in glaze.  They pretended we had a factory and that they were my workers.  So when they were acting crazy during a lul, I fired them.  I warned them of the dangers of hot oil, and how it can melt your face.  M was upset that I told her that.  I asked her if she would prefer I not tell her why it was dangerous to rough house in a "factory".
 Then, I "hired" them again because I needed their help.  But then they goofed off during a lul again, so they got fired again.  G asked if they would get fired again, and I told  him that I wasn't hiring.

We then made up plates of doughnuts to deliver to neighbors.  It was only 7pm so it didn't feel so late as we took the plates around.  But then when M and G ran around in a median chasing a passing car, I felt self conscious with my 4 small children out in the dark.  So I scolded them and we went home.  I'm such a party-pooper!

bB is incredibly sweet.
 Saturday we went over to the park and bB got to ride in the swing for the first time.  P didn't think the barely moving motion counted as swinging so he gave bB a slight push.  Once he was in I realized that he was bigger than a lot of babies I've seen in swings.  I just never tried it because I couldn't ignore the other 3 without P there.
Next we went to a festival of Christmas Trees that had a bounce house and this fun sporty bounce thing.  The kids had a lot of fun.

G is the best big brother.  He took lP on the different sport activities and helped her get the ball in.
 
He's also doing awesome things with the scriptures and his "True to the Faith" book.  He is working through the "Faith in God" book and checking off all the items.  He could do it in a year, he's so self motivated.  Tonight he made a pedigree chart.  I gave him this tree to fill out, and a separate pedigree from me, and one for P.
He's asking me to let him plan a quarterly activity.  I love how he's helping me remember to offer these opportunities to other primary children. 

No comments: