Friday, May 17, 2024

4 agreements

 Our book club today was on the" 4 agreements".  I served themed refreshments.

Be impeccable with the word: Pickles

Take nothing personally: Fruits and vegetables.  That's how they are.

Assume nothing: Cheese Ball.  What's in it?

Do your best: P Breads.

In our discussions I gained more appreciation for my mom.  She was criticized a lot as a child.  In her marriage she was criticized a lot and abused.  But she didn't pass that on to me.  She told me stories of people being mean to her and I developed an internal dialog that it was wrong for people to treat her that way.  She supported me in pursuing sports and music.  She advocated for me to be included in the classes for smart kids even though I wasn't the smartest kid.  So many people are torn down by their parents but she always built me up.  I wish I had appreciated her more in this life.

P took me to see a concert where I heard this piece.  The words are not so poignant, but the music is so heart breaking.  Morten Lauridsen is my favorite composer.  We went to hear another piece, O Magnum Mysterium, which was very nice, but "Prayer" was so beautiful I just lay my head on P's shoulder and sobbed.

P finished the book shelves!  We also replaced the sink in the kids bathroom and framed the mirror with trim.  It looks great.  I love our home.

No comments: