Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Take a walk

 I've been walking for 4 years now.  Walking in the morning, walking in the evening, walking recreationally.  I love my body's ability to go miles with no pain.  I have learned to buy really good shoes, Altra forever.  

Last week I got the booster on Monday.  Tuesday I was sensitive and sore.  Wednesday I was tired and sore.  Thursday I was feeling better but I think the toll of feeling bad was still lingering.  Something happened and I was so offended and upset.  I saw the situation unfold and each time I came up with a healthy response, something else kicked the ant hill. 

I took the littles on a walk in the dark, wearing reflective vests. This helped me get away from the situation and move toward a healthier response.  The situation never resolved in a way that I would call happy.  As it kept coming up the next day, I did have a better ability to just ignore it. 

I want to model healthy boundaries for the children.  What other people do, is up to them.  I can only control my response.  I learned about the Four Agreements: 
    -Be impeccable with the word. 
    -Take Nothing Personally. 
    -Assume Nothing. 
    -Do Your Best.

If I had been impeccable with the word, I would have spared my children my tantrums.  If I had taken nothing personally, I would have just accepted that it wasn't about me, and would have not been upset.  Had I assumed nothing, I could have asked questions 2 days prior to the event, and known details in advance instead of letting them unfold.

I think walking is incredible.  I'm very grateful that I have the ability and love of walking.

No comments: