Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Hikes with the 3 peas

 I've been doing noom for a few months now.  I started right before school started and it was still easy to get a few miles of walking in before the kids needed me.  Now with driving the teens to seminary and school, I don't have time to get the walking in.  Last week I took the 3 peas each on a walk to get my steps in and lP and I saw a space shuttle launch as we were finishing up.  She ran from the corner to home to get G so he could watch the launch he had been obsessing over on the computer.  

The next time I went for a night time walk B said he'd help me with that and we walked 2 miles.  I started taking the boys out with me and we even wore reflective vests as it got darker.  We've gone walking in the day a few times and it's too hot still.  But we're getting more adventurous with choosing to walk.  

On Monday the 3 peas and I walked 2 miles and sang "Swinging Along", "I love to go a wandering." and other songs as we walked.  It was beautiful.

Today we parked at the downtown library and went to the library, playground, walked a mile to visit a fairy garden, and other playground, then walked back to the library.  They were such troopers.  We brought snacks and water and wore our shade hats.

We're planning to go to the circus next week then at the end of the month we'll go to the corn maze and actually do the maze.  I didn't enjoy the corn maze experience as a college student and never thought I would take kids through the maze.  But they've been so good at hiking the last 2 years, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: