Sunday, June 28, 2020

utah fun

my mother got a diagnosis in June so we came to Utah to say goodbye and help care for her.  P was able to take off 2 3 weeks of sick leave.  We drove out as fast as possible, arriving in 42 hours.  That included stopping to have the alternator replaced by a very sweet member in a gold buick.

During the first two weeks I took turns staying the night with my mom, alternating with my oldest sister M.  i spent a lot of time taking pictures of my moms paintings and photographs I hadnt seen before.

 Last week I took turns with N and T.  My brother D is watching mom tonight and S will arrive tomorrow to watch her.  She declined suddenly Friday when she fell exiting the bathroom at midnight and then possibly a seizure in the morning.  N who is a psychiatrist came to take over at 1pm.  She got mom to take an anxiety medicine that helped her need less pain medicine.  She also got   an oxygen concentrator and comode set up.

P has taken the children to amazing playgrounds and mountain hikes to see waterfalls.  It has been wonderful to do so many things outside.

Covid 19  is out of control in Florida so it has been nice to be away from that. We are staying at N’s house as she has so graciously let us crash at her home before for 4+ weeks!

No comments: