Wednesday, June 3, 2020

grown up behavior

I planted a nectarine seed in a bin on the back porch several years ago.  It grew into a 4 foot plant and this year it had 3 fruit that were eaten before they were ripe by someone or something. 

I got a plot in the community garden in October and moved the tree there in March.  The garden president asked me to remove the tree and I didn't want to because it isn't against the rules. 

Today she called again during dinner and I didn't want to talk to her because it was dinner and I suspected she wanted me to remove the tree.  

I talked to P about how I felt about that and he offered to role play the conversation and provided really good lines like "OK, when would you like me to have it removed?"  I made petulant faces and he kindly didn't make fun of me for it. 

I called the garden president and politely inquired what I could do for her.  She asked me to remove the tree and I said "OK, when would you like me to have it removed?"

I'm so glad that I am married to an adult.  He's a very good influence on me.

No comments: