Sunday, February 2, 2020

Love Language

Did I already blog about learning my love language?  I didn't previously know what it was consciously because most other love languages I heard about were definitely not mine, so I was not resonating with that idea.  But then I did learn that my love language is time and trust.  Give me that and I'm hooked.  Talking with P I learned that his love language is fixing things.  So it's not nagging to give him opportunities to fix things.  Yay!

Love languages are a lot like modes of communication, or even technology.  What is the best way to contact you?  Email, phone, facebook, text?  What is the best way to make you feel love?  Gifts, service, affection?  For me it is time.  Go on a walk with me.  And trust, confide in me.   And that friends is also good to know because I need to be careful of who I let influence me.  Just because I see a lot of someone in Facebook, doesn't mean I should let their voice be louder than other voices in my life.

Anyway, this has been a year of self discovery and growth.  Knowledge is awesome.

No comments: