Saturday, October 26, 2019

Monkey Bars

I've been working toward doing a pull-up for a few months now.  I still can't do a real one but I can do 3 sets of 8 assisted ones.  Today I took the 3 big kids to the Terrain Race and I was able to do two obstacles that involved holding onto bars.  One was an inclined bar, about 6 feet long then rings and balls on ropes.  I was able to shuffle my hands along the bar but dropped at the rings.  Later I was able to do the monkey bars and I was shocked at each one that I hadn't fallen yet.  I'm so grateful for this because I never imagined I'd be able to do the monkey bars.  They were big, like a 2 inch metal pipe, at 30 inch spacing, and probably 8 bars.  Wow!

It was a lot of fun to take the kids on this adventure.  P was very encouraging in our preparations and took the little boys with him to a concert so we could go do this activity.


No comments: