Sunday, October 27, 2019

Festivity

 M's tumbling group did a performance at a school fall festival.  The kids had perhaps never seen such a crowd of children running wild.  We stuck together through performance and then I let the kids play on the park just as it was getting dark.  Thankfully nobody was hurt or lost.  M did text me when she and lP got lost on their adventure to get cotton candy.  To a child that attends the school, it would have been a wonderful setting of familiar teachers and students.  For our kids it was overwhelming, but they did have a great time.
B and lP dressed up for our neighborhood party.  We have a really lovely neighborhood.  I'm very grateful for this childhood they are able to have.  The houses are far apart but recently the neighborhood gives residents signs to post by their driveway if they are handing out candy.  The kids walk far but the neighbors give out handfuls of candy. 

2 comments:

Lucinda said...

Cool! JQ is doing something like lP’s costume for Halloween. Everyone’s pretty excited.

Oh, I’m glad it was you, and not me with the crowd of wild children. People wonder how I handle so many kids, and I often am grateful they don’t pick up the bad habits from crowds of wild kids. Some people like that kind of thing though, they’ll say things like, “Heaven will be like this” and I just can’t believe they are motivated by that.

Lucky Day said...

I know, people think it must be hard to homeschool different ages of children. But how much harder for daycare and school teachers to keep 7-30 children who are the same age but totally different emotional and academic abilities.