Sunday, June 23, 2019

2 of a kind hat

Back in 2009 I made the kids these mini band uniforms when P was marching during Grad school.
The band director gave P 3 hats and I cut down the hats so they would fit the kids.  It was a custom hat for the Gator band, probably a run of 200 or so.  Then the two I cut down were even more unique.

This past week at scout camp G told me one of the scouts had stolen his hat.  It turns out that G lost his hat on a trail and the other boy found it.  But the boy claimed he had had the hat for 2 months.  He even claimed to have lots of these hats.  If it were any other hat, or even the full size one, I would be like "Well maybe there is a confusion."  But it was one of the cut down ones badly stitched together by me.  So the chances that he was just lying were pretty high.  People do that sometimes.

So we learned not to take things to camp that we care about loosing.  We also learned to put our name on things.  I wouldn't even care if G had lost it.  I was mostly indignant that the boy would claim that it was his hat.

No comments: