Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Sam's Club

We bought tires at Sam's last year for the van and planned they would last many years.  1 tire kept loosing pressure and has been a constant headache.  We had to pump it up weekly and even broke the valve stem from the constant on and off.  I've taken it back twice but the Sam's club always said it was something not covered by their warranty.  I took it back yesterday and they "tore it down" and cleaned off the rim and re-sealed the tire.  I hope it stays good now, but I know if it doesn't that the next step is to return the tire and get a pro-rated exchange.  Good thing we got the 90000 tire.

Knowing we would be there at least an hour we went over and ordered a pizza from the concessions.  The concessions told us it would be a 40 minute wait.  I said that was fine as we were waiting on a tire.  We wandered around the store buying snacks, a dress for M, diapers, at a leisurely pace.  As I checked out, G waited in line and claimed the pizza.  We ate a late lunch as it was about 2 by then.  

We returned to the tire center and waited some more.  I had to tell B not to pull on the stack of tires repeatedly.  Eventually we opened some of the snacks to pacify L.  The computer area was next to the tire area so the kids strolled out and played on tablets and phones.  L lay down in the seat of the cart.  It was pretty good compared to previous experiences in the tire center.  I just hope the tire is fixed.
As we left the store I looked at the dashboard and saw the tire pressures reading normal 37-40.  2 miles down the road I looked down and saw that the shop had inflated the tire to 49psi.  I quickly pulled over and checked it with a hand held meter.  Yep.  49psi!  I deflated it to 40 then continued home.

No comments: