Monday, October 2, 2017

FHE

Tonight I was in charge of the lesson for FHE.  I told the children about how my parents had to drive to California because it was illegal for a Chinese man to marry a white woman back then.  I told them that we are all children of God and that if anyone ever says a word that starts with N and rhymes with bigger, they know that person is not a Christian. 

This blog post was so sad and sickening to read.  This mother makes a strong statement about the privilege white children have to not have to put up with thousands of hateful acts throughout their childhood and being always given the benefit of being "a good kid". Our silence speaks loudly.  I hope my children never call someone a racial epithet.  I hope that if they ever hear one used they speak out. 

No comments: