Sunday, September 3, 2017

self reliance

I've joined a self reliance group at church.  We'll meet weekly to help each other with personal finance.  Everyone in the group knows about Dave Ramsey and most of us were raised with the idea of avoiding consumer debt.  I am really enjoying the opportunity to pursue one of my favorite hobbies with church friends.  I've done a spreadsheet for years but am going to try daily writing down my transactions and reconciling that with the spreadsheet.  I know I need to get back to using the envelope system more.  Things have been out of control for the last 3 months as I tried to help my dad.  I've been paying so much attention to his problems and loaning money to him so my own family's finances are messy.  Time to get it cleaned up!

I'm really looking forward to the end of this month when things will hopefully be fixed for my dad and I get my families finances back in order.

I set up a composition notebook to write things down in.  I am a person that processes through writing.  I am hopeful that daily writing down my transactions will help my brain get things sorted out.


No comments: