Thursday, September 7, 2017

more preparations

We're heading to Gtown and taking the generator with us.  P was able to get the tank filled up but he wasn't able to buy a second tank.  Today on my way home from our homeschool group kick-off event I stopped at Walgreens and asked if I could buy an empty tank.  They sold it to me for full price but it only cost $8 to fill it up at Tractor Supply.  All in all it's a huge blessing to have a back up tank ready to go.  I've seen many stores with tanks in their storage cage.  I don't think all stores are willing to sell them.  Or maybe nobody wants to buy an empty for full price, not knowing how easy it is to get it filled up. 

Grandparents C and S said we could come to their home and eat all their food.  Yay!  They are so good to us.  So I'm packing up non-perishable things and clothes.

It's amazing how having a food storage mindset has really blessed us in this chaos.  I'm not worried about what we'll eat for the next week.  We've got food in the pantry.  I did have to get diapers on Tuesday.  And I did pick up some water.  But we're incredibly blessed that we already had most of our preparations in place.  I know that it is a luxury to have enough money to buy things in bulk to have this advance supply.  I'm just grateful for the church teachings that help us out in these temporal crises.

No comments: