Saturday, September 30, 2017

New possibilities

Yesterday I left P and B home with G while I took M and L to running club.  For that outing I was away from home for 2 hours.  I was within 1 mile of home for 90 minutes of that time, and called home twice and checked in with G.  It was nice to just let them stay home.

Today I needed to go to the bank and we had just finished a nice activity at the park.  So I asked the kids if they'd like to stay home.  "Yes!" and they were all happy to spend some time on the computers.  I was gone for an hour but it was all 5 of them home. 

This is so strange.  G is old enough to babysit now and I'm very grateful that he's been a very kind brother lately.  Like any new privilege I need to be careful and not abuse this one.  When P is home I'm reluctant to leave kids home since it may seem like I'm asking him to watch them, when he is needing to be at work, in the closet.  But with him away for a bit, it's actually liberating to try this out without feeling like I'm imposing on him.

No comments: