Sunday, August 9, 2015

Embracing paper

G's school list was all paper products.  Copy paper, paper towels, tissues, and ziploc bags are the normal items.  But also, paper plates, and forks...!  No pencils or notebooks, just lunch supplies.   : )

So I bought a Sam's Club pack of paper towels and tissues.  Even though we give 2x the requested amount, we have several left over.  So I give myself permission to use tissues.  It's pretty nice! 

I've been a cloth diaper, cloth napkins, cloth towels etc... person.  But now I have 5 children, and I feel grateful for the convenience of simple things, like being able to grab a tissue when I'm watching a video and it makes me cry.

The ladies in my ward were so generous and I have a huge stash of diapers.  And I have tons of cloth diapers.  It's very nice having plenty of cloth and paper.

And my kids are awesome.  They're learning to help and also take care of their spaces.  M, G and P help with the dishes.  They tidy up their rooms on Saturday.  They wash their clothes when I tell them to...  It's really great to see them able to do things to help.  It's really great to have their help.

No comments: