Friday, March 28, 2014

judging

Yesterday someone told me that they won't do Facebook because they know they'll just spend tons of time on it and ignore their children.  I thought that was a pretty accurate picture of what I do...  So it got me thinking about alcohol.  I don't drink alcohol because I was raised not to.  And over the years I've seen the terrible effects it has had in some peoples lives.  So now as an adult, it doesn't tempt me because I am sure I might become an alcoholic.  Sure I might be able to be a recreational user, and only a bad drunk.  But it's not worth the risk for me.

In the story of "Hansel and Gretel" the real moral of the story is in how the woodcutter's wife gets him to abandon his children a second time, because he did it one time.

1 comment:

Okishdu said...

I think the key to managing Facebook is to severely limit the amount of 'friends' so there is less to reD and what there is has way more significance.