Sunday, August 25, 2024

School is going well, and there were some people sick

 L threw up on the first day of my classes so we got to experiment real fast on how it would go if I had to leave him home.  Class has been not too challenging and sometimes even fun.  The women in my classes are really fun.  On Friday I had asynchronous class and didn't have to go to campus.  I did have to write a 2-3 page paper though using citations.  

I got to volunteer at the kids schools a lot.  Monday and Wednesday I worked with the beginning tubas.  Tuesday I shelved books at the elementary school.  Thursday I volunteered with the HS band for a football game.  They have middle school kids come and help out.  This is brilliant recruiting.  I was supervising the middle school kids and enjoying the event with all the band moms.

P got sick on Wednesday but felt well enough Friday to be a 2nd staff member to accompany the band to the football game.  He's still recovering.  

I'm really looking forward to going to class this week.  I have a study method figured out for Anatomy and Physiology.  I use the end of chapter quiz to make flash cards.  After I have chewed on these new words and ideas a little I watch the Anaquest chapters and videos.  Finally I read as much of the chapter as I can.  It is a lot to absorb.

It has been hot and dry for a few weeks.  The coming week is forecast to be even hotter.  I watered the lawn today to give the grass a little sustenance to beat the heat.

No comments: