Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Group me for everything

 Our ward here is great at communicating.  They have a group me for RS, YW, Activity Boys, Book Club, Choir, and more I haven't joined.  They send out weekly emails with the zoom information and announcements and someone sends and email summarizing the lessons and class participation.  The missionary calendar is uploaded to Sign-up Genius and unfilled spots are announced on the RS group-me.  I advocated for similar measures in our past community but people there preferred group texts.  Group texts often left us off and we didn't know what was going on.  Sometimes that bothered me a lot.  So I am glad to be in a place where efforts are made to keep everyone in the loop.  I know it is hard.

G leaves on his mission tomorrow.  It has been fun shopping for all the supplies with him.  It has been difficult to get him to pack and get organized.  He's always willing to load the dish washer.  He is a great young man and I'm glad he has the opportunity to go.  Today we did last minute shopping for toiletries and first aid items.  I told him to get a styptic pencil to stop bleeding.  He hadn't heard of one before, having a father that doesn't shave.  We had to persist and find one eventually in a store that said it didn't have one.  But now he has all the first aid and toiletry items that he actually uses.

This morning I woke up and composed a new setting for "I Believe in Christ".  It's nice.  It brings out the skillful text that rises and resolves in consistent places.  I previously thought the hymn was very boring.  I love that composition is a spiritual experience for me.  My new setting is ABABCC1AB ish.  I'm not super satisfied with the voicing, but it is a fun thing to work on.

No comments: