Thursday, March 9, 2023

car bump and cleaning mistake

 Yesterday I was turning into a small neighborhood street.  A truck was coming but I thought that would be OK.  Then the truck moved left to make a wide right turn and there was no longer room so I edged right.  Right into a pole on the corner.  This is the story I tell myself to make it seem as though I was not being hasty.  It's totally working.

Another mistake I made recently was in selling the van.  I'm pretty good at keeping paperwork so imagine my surprise when I couldn't find the title 10 minutes before meeting up with someone who drove 45 minutes.  I was so embarrassed and upset to have wasted their time.  Then I was conveniently able to transfer my upset when I found the title application from the dealer.  One application showed the sale price.  Another application showed 0 tax owed.  I thought they had collected tax from me and not paid it and now I was on the hook to pay it again or say I had gotten the car for free and therefore owed no tax.  It turns out that they did pay the tax and that the title was held electronically.  I just needed to pay $10 to print it.  

Last night I looked at the calendar and thought that the cleaner was coming Thursday at 2:30.  So with dread I activated the emergency family cleaning system.  We let the kids stay up until 10:30 helping to pick up all the this and that clutter.  Then, I realized that it is Friday they will come.  PHEW!  And now the house is mostly clean.  Like, I would be very OK with a stranger coming in to clean it at this point.  I'm grateful for this tender mercy.

G has so many events and practices.  M has so many events and practices.  lP has events.  B and L have events.  It is wonderful and amazing that their events conflict so little.  Each time I hear of a new major event, I put it on the calendar and feel gratitude that it is on a day that doesn't conflict with 20 other activities in the next 2 months.

No comments: