Saturday, January 1, 2022

less is more and more is less

 I had the chance to visit my dad this week.  It's been about 4 years since our last family visit to his house.  I didn't know how it would be, but it was a lot like previous visits.  We shared meals and went to DC attractions.  Dad has a fiancee and she likes to play scrabble and chess.  She is very friendly and I'm glad dad has a friend.

Dad's home is gigantic.  11,000sqft?  It is very nice to have a room for our family that is 800sqft or something crazy like that, and a bathroom bigger than a usual bedroom.  His kitchen is huge with high ceilings and so many cabinets!  He fills his cabinets with gobblets and pots and pans.  There is one cabinet with food items, one cabinet with plates and bowls, and the other 25 are filled with cups and pans.  

I come home to my small kitchen and am glad that I have just what I like to have.  My dad has just what he likes to have.  It was good to see him.

No comments: