Sunday, January 16, 2022

Family Bike Ride

 We took a ride around the block (mile) last night.  It was the first time ever for us all to be on two wheels.  L finally learned to ride 2 wheels in the last 4 months.  P didn't have a bike because his 2020 bike only just came in the first weeks of 2022.  He sold his old bike back in the summer when it looked like the bike would finally come.

I love the traditions of outdoor enjoyment we have as a family.  Still, yesterday we stayed home and it was glorious. 

Last week we attended a baptism and there were about 60 people there.  Masks were few, refreshments plentiful.  I let the kids get treats and then we went out to the sidewalk to eat.  I felt awkward and paranoid even as I let L eat a cookie that had fallen on the ground, evidence that I'm choosy about my caution.  10 people have tested positive from that group. 

We wear n95 masks whenever we go inside.  Maybe we have Covid and don't have symptoms.  Maybe someone else does.  But we'll be wearing our masks.

No comments: