Sunday, February 7, 2021

Prayer and Temperance

Life is full of opportunities to grow.  Whatever we are struggling with, or want to be better at, or need to be better at, we should pray and let the Lord into our lives.  I'm thinking about the scripture "Pray Always..."  It's not meant to make us feel bad, like one more thing to do.  It's an invitation to let someone who knows all, to inspire us.

I'd like to start modeling for the children the habit of praying as they start out on a test, or adventure.  We pray when we're leaving for a bigger trip, but why not every trip.  Don't I want the Lords help in all things?

I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation and the accessibility of amazing blessings like prayer.  I don't have to understand them to try them, and as I practice these principles I get experience.  Of all the things I hope my children to learn before they go off into their adult lives, prayer is most important.   I haven't made it the priority that it should be.

In regards to temperance, I learned today that it is not to be luke warm, it is to be able to hold the hot and the cold.  Like an insulator.  You can have strong feelings, but not let them cause harm.  To be temperate in all things is to be a peace maker.  Value the higher good, or love, more than the minutia of rightness.


No comments: