Friday, February 5, 2021

Plastic bags

 I was helping with a family lunch for a ward member who passed away this week.  This is the first event I've participated since Covid and it was sweet to see the generosity of the members supplying the lunch.  One sister had brought grocery bags to help pack things up.  She's so awesome.  At the end of the event as we cleaned up and distributed left over food to the family, she packed up a bag of cookies for my kids.  She said "This bag is clean."  Because I'm a person who regularly re-uses plastic bags, even washing them with soap and water, I actually thought "I wonder how she washed them."  But you can't wash grocery bags.  My definition for clean grocery bags is that they have sat in the garage for 3 days.  But I don't know anyone else's definition for clean grocery bags.  

I'm so grateful for the 4 agreements.  Be impeccable with the word.  Assume Nothing.  Take Nothing personally.  Do your best.  

Covid puts these principles to practice daily.  We were at the garden/park today and another family came.  M got masks for B and L who don't socially distance very well.  The kids of the other family asked why they were wearing masks.  Oh well.  I'm grateful my kids are willing to wear the masks.  They don't have to wear them often.  But they do wear them when they are outside of our family bubble.  We've been meeting up for a few months (monthly) with some homeschool friends.  My family is the only one that wears masks, the other 11 people don't.  I'm OK with them playing outside with people, as long as my children are wearing masks, but still, we do this infrequently.  lP plays with the neighbor almost daily, but they both wear masks, and so do any of my other kids who play with them.

I've lost count of the number of people in our ward who have had Covid.  I'm glad some are able to get the shot already.  I hope my family will be able to get it by the summer. 

I'm really looking forward to going to the beach when it gets warm.  We go to a beach that has a drive on the beach ramp that we can walk down, so we don't have to be too close to anyone.  We didn't figure out that loophole to my anxiety of catching a deadly virus, until August of last year, so we missed most of the beach days.  Also, the beach was closed for a few months.

I love quarantining because I am not good at saying no to things.  I'm grateful for all the activities we usually participate in, but the driving, and scheduling and looking for parking... not my favorite.  This past year, I have gotten to spend a lot of time with my kids and I am so grateful for that.

No comments: