Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Food storage

I have had food storage with a mix of duty and prepper fever.  Earlier this year a friend was moving and wanted me to take all the food storage they never used and didn't want to move with again.  She had tons of dry milk, noodles and freeze dried vegetables along with the usual wheat.  I gratefully added hers into my own and began using the dry milk freely in my breads and pancakes. 

Today I had the kids sort, inventory, clean and re-pack the food storage.  They didn't want to at first but then they had a blast.  Now they are vacuuming the garage so they can skate around on the strips of card board I made to label the piles.

I notice that I am much more inclined to use these food storage items from my friend.  They were free to me, and to not use them would be ungrateful.  When I buy things for storage I feel very reluctant to use them because I bought them to STORE.  It's an interesting switch for me to recognize my thinking motivates and changes my behavior.

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

This is what I love about the home-as-school mentality. Doing the work of life can be so fun, especially with our loved ones. It’s so good for kids to experience.