Saturday, February 16, 2019

I love to see the temple

M was able to participate in a youth temple trip today.  She's only 11!  She took a family history class and found 5 family names to take to the temple.  This was her Value project for Faith.  It's pretty awesome how she's chugging through the personal progress book.

On the way home we brought 2 other young women with us.  I had an awesome talk with C and preached the gospel of "give your self credit for the good you do."  I encouraged them to call just about everything a value experience.  If they read a book and found a good message in it, call it divine nature.  If they obeyed their family's rules, call it integrity. 

I didn't get my YW medallion because I thought I had to come up with extra projects to do on top of the 7 activities I was involved in during High School.    I'm not making that mistake this year.  I'm actually going to do a value project of reading to my boys.

Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

This is on my heart lately because I recognize that if I invite the Lord into my life in every aspect, I can actually have his blessings and spirit with me in things that I might otherwise miss out on a blessing.  So with reading to my boys, if I make that act an offering to the Lord, he can bless me to have that be a treasured experience. 

I'm grateful for the gospel.

No comments: