Thursday, September 22, 2016

homeschool fashion

B and lP were dressing up fancy last week and wearing their backpacks.  "We're playing school!" they cried.  Yes, this is how you dress for school children.

Growing up in public school, fashion was a thing.  I was never very good at it, but at least I knew that I couldn't pull off these fabulous looks.  Whenever we saw a kid in sweat pants and and a turtleneck, we assumed they were homeschooled.  I wondered why homeschool moms only dressed their children for comfort and durability.  But now I know that those are the 2 most important factors in dressing children.  And when you aren't sending them off to fend for themselves in the cruel world of school, it doesn't matter if they aren't wearing cool clothes because nobody cares!

No comments: