Friday, October 19, 2012

Millennial day

   Today we went to the temple as a couple for the first time in 8 years!  Another family with 6 kids was going and offered to swap kids.  It was an eventful day starting with a melt down from G about missing school.  When we met up at the church with the other family, they were delayed by a seminary student getting into a low speed accident on their way out of the neighborhood. 
  Eventually we made it to the park in Orlando where the other family would watch the kids while P and I went to a session.   Going to the temple on a millennial day (when many other members from the stake are going) was cool.  I saw 3 ladies from my stake, and was able to do one of the family names for my brother in law's aunt, who is in my stake.  Sister Reid, from my growing up ward was serving in the temple so I got to see her.  And I even saw 2 sisters from the Gainesville ward.  Wild.
   We weren't able to make the 11 so that increased the time at the park to 3 hours by the time we got back.  So rather than stay, we headed to the temple for a change of scene.  The other family was taking their 2 older children to do baptisms.  It was supposed to be short but they didn't even start for an hour, and then the ward they were joining had such a large crowd that it took them another 1 and a half hours to get back.  Luckily there was a beautiful, dry retaining pond at the end of the temple grounds.  There was hills to run on, beautiful magnolia trees to climb and a nice breeze. 
  Then we headed off to see what Ikea is all about.  My goodness what a huge maze.  I didn't like that.  But I did like the food.  I got a nice roast chicken dinner thought.  I have a negative memory of the meatballs from the reunion camp out.  Too bad.  The kids got to have chicken strips and fries for $2, sweet.  We picked up a roll of butcher paper for drawing and a set of the wonderful kids cups etc..  As many as we have, somehow we run out.  3 meals a day x 3 kids uses all we have every day.  And anytime we have friends over, we're stretched too thin.  1st world problems.  Wash a dish!
   It was a 12 hour extravaganza.  I'm so grateful for the temple.  I'm grateful for my sweet husband who took me to the temple 12.5 years ago.   On Sunday when the stake president asked me how I was doing, I said "Trying to be worthy of all the blessings."

No comments: