Sunday, April 8, 2012

Primary President

One of the most interesting things I have found being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the practice of lay Ministry. The Church comes under a lot of fire because of Polygamy which at least makes sense from an economical point of view.

I am now serving as the Primary President and when I was called there were more than 20 other women as qualified as me and at least 5 who had actually served in the calling before. So what am I that I should have this opportunity and responsibility? This shows that callings come from the Lord. If the point were to provide the best possible manager to run the program, we would have career callings. But instead the point is for me to learn. Learn!

So as I bumble through conducting the primary meeting asking everyone in the room if we're supposed to have a closing song, I tried to learn. When I stopped by the nursery to see how our fearless leader is doing, I was humbled to learn that she has been a Primary President. Suddenly I caught a glimpse of the precious nature of this time. I probably won't get to serve in the Primary Presidency again. This is a sweet season of my life like the infancy of each of my children. It is hard, it is hectic, and it will pass so quickly and leave me wishing I had appreciated what I had then.

No comments: