* Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
* Anger (why is this happening to me?)
* Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
* Depression (I don't care anymore)
* Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
But I think, as my sister N suggested when we went through so much with G, that I am in denial all the time every day. I refuse to think anything BAD is happening. It's the foundation of my optimism. But sometimes something bad does happen and it pierces the surface of my delusion. Then I'm having a crisis of identity because I can't admit that anything is bad, there must be some positive way to look at this.
I've got my happy face on Les.