Friday, January 20, 2023

Warm and the Oregon Trail

The weather has swung back to gloriously warm.  I love living in a place where it is never cold for more than a week.

At homeschool group I am teaching a class about the Oregon Trail.  I was inspired by a radio program where a teacher led her school class in this project in a city.  They walked in the city an used DnD tactics to simulate the challenges of the Oregon Trail a la the video game.

I was planning to teach the 9-12 year old class and at the last minute picked up the 6-8 year old class also.  They are so different.  I'm having fun working with 2 age groups though.  I get to teach each of the 3 peas and make sure they have a good experience. Duck-Duck-Goose is so funny with the 6-8 year old class.  With the 9-12 class it is more dangerous because they are so fast.

I plan to wear my garb each week.  Yesterday as the older children bought the supplies for their Adventure I explained that these were my Thursday clothes because back in those days you only had a few sets.

We're having fun.

No comments: